Where is Pennywell Farm?
Pennywell is near the town of Buckfastleigh, Devon. Easy to find by car, just 12 miles from Torbay and a 20 minute drive from Plymouth and Exeter. Sat Nav postcode: TQ11 0LT
How much is Pennywell Farm?
See the latest information on how much admission to Pennywell Farm is and what the admission price includes, HERE
How far away is Pennywell?
From Torquay - 13 miles
From Paignton - 12 miles
From Totnes - 7 miles
From Dawlish - 21 miles
From Kingsbridge - 17 miles
From Salcombe - 23 miles
From Plymouth - 20 miles
From Exeter - 20 miles
How do I get to Pennywell Farm?
The easiest way to get to Pennywell Farm is by car. There is plenty of FREE parking.
There is no direct bus service to Pennywell but the A38 runs between Plymouth and Exeter and stops in the town of Buckfastleigh which is just over a mile away.
The nearest train station is in the town of Totnes, 7 miles from Pennywell.
How far is Pennywell Farm from Torquay?
Pennywell Farm is not far from Torquay, approximately 12 miles FIND US
Who owns Pennywell Farm?
Pennywell Farm is owned by the Murray family. The farm was opened by Chris and Nicky Murray in 1989 and is still run by the family. See the Pennywell Story.
What COVID safety measures have you put in place?
Details of all the COVID safety measures we have put in place to keep our Pennywell Farmers safe can be found HERE
Is everything open?
When everything is open can vary.The up-to-date information on what to expect can be found HERE. It will be updated as and when lockdown restrictions alter.
I’ve booked my tickets but it looks as though it’s going to rain. Should I still visit?
Absolutely, yes! You should still visit if it is going to rain. We still promise you a fun-filled farm visit, just dress accordingly. We will offer you a FREE Wet Weather Return Ticket so that you visit again on a dry day.
How do I use my Wet Weather Return Ticket?
To use your Wet Weather Return ticket, you will need to book your visit via the website. Use the Wet Weather Return (WWR) option in the drop-down menu. In addition to your day tickets, you will need to bring your Wet Weather Return ticket and proof of ID with you when you return to the farm.
Can I buy a season ticket?
You can buy a season ticket. Season tickets are on sale via the website: SEASON TICKETS
Is there a Cafe?
- Our Coffee Cabin and Noah’s Barn Takeaway are both open selling a selection of local produce including Devon pasties, local cakes, sandwiches and stone-baked Pizza (at weekends and during the holidays).
- You are very welcome to bring a picnic. We have dozens of picnic tables around the site for you to enjoy.
Can we cuddle the pigs?
You certainly can cuddle the pigs. We are delighted to be able to offer Piggy cuddles at every session. For the welfare and comfort of our pigs, a pet blanket must be used. These are available to buy in our shop or you are very welcome to bring one of your own.
Can I bring my dog?
- You cannot bring your dog into the farm; however, we have large dog kennels in our top car park for visitors’ dogs to use. All you need to bring is a water bowl. The kennels are in a quiet and shaded area and each kennel bolts shut. If you are concerned about security, we suggest that you bring a padlock.
- Assistance dogs accompanying our registered disabled visitors are welcome
Can Pennywell donate tickets for fundraising?
Due to the huge and ever-increasing volume of requests for free tickets and our limited capacity on-site, we are no longer able to offer admission tickets for charitable events. We do support every school that visits with a raffle prize for their fundraising as well as supporting our chosen charities, Children and Families in Grief and Torbay Holiday Helpers Network.
Is Pennywell Farm open?
For lastest information on opening times CLICK HERE.
Do I have to book tickets in advance?
Yes, you do need to book tickets in advance. All visits have to be booked via the website, prior to your visit: BOOK TICKETS
I have booked my visit but the email with my tickets has not arrived. What shall I do?
- Firstly, check your junk/spam folder.
- When you booked tickets, the confirmation screen will have given you an order number. If you have this, quote it when you arrive and you won’t need your tickets.
- If you did not get the confirmation screen with an order number, it is likely that something went wrong with your booking and you will need to rebook. In the unlikely event that you book twice, email our admin team: [email protected] quoting both order numbers and you will receive a refund for the duplicate booking. This should show in your bank account within 5 working days.
What do I need to do if I can’t print my tickets?
Don't worry if you cannot print your tickets. We have a guest list at the door when you arrive. We can find your booking from the lead name without your tickets.
I have booked tickets for the wrong date and I need to change them. What should I do?
- Book the tickets for the date that you do want to visit. When you have made your booking, email our admin team: [email protected]
Explain that you have two bookings, quote both order numbers and ask for a refund on the order number that you do not require. The refund should show in your bank account within 5 working days.
We can no longer make our visit. Can I have a refund on my tickets?
- We do not offer refunds on tickets so you have several options. You can book an alternative date using the instructions above.
- You can pass your tickets on to someone else. As long as they have your tickets, another family can use them to visit. We will just need to take their contact details when they arrive.
Do you offer any concessions? (Disability, Carer Military, NHS etc.)
The only concession we are able to offer is for carers. For tickets and opening times CLICK HERE.
I can’t find the answer to my question, what shall I do?
Email: [email protected] and one of our friendly admin team will do their best to get back to you within 48 hours.